How long does it take for hair to grow after a hair transplant?

You started to lose your hair and day by day it becomes worse, your apperance has changed and this makes you annoyed. Then  you started to search for solution, is there any way to have healthy hair again? Is it possible to look like your old photos?

You made really good investigation, search and read everything that is written on web. And finally got an appointment from a doctor. She said that you are a good candidate for hair transplant. The operation took 7 hours. And the first question after hair transplant; “when the new hair will grow?”

Hair has a certain life cycle. Growing phase is a part of it and takes a time. So you need to be  a little patient.

It takes a week for the transplanted hair to settle the skin and have an optimum level of vascularisation. Hair will begin to grow during the first month. After that, hair will drop out while the follicles remain without leaving visible signs of hair transplant. Do not panic! It is a normal proces; transplanted hair to fall during the first month after the procedure.

The transplanted follicles go into rest for about 3 or 4 months until growth resumes.

Afterwards, hair starts growing normally. Hair grows at a rate of 10% of the number of transplanted hair per month following the third or fourth month after the procedure.

At 12 months the hair growth reaches 90% growth, while the remaining 10%
will do so in the next six months. It may take up to a year and a half to obtain a mature hair growth at which point you can appreciate the final results.

3 July 2018 Genel , ,

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

All information on this site has been written to inform the user. It does not have any commercial purpose and does not replace doctor's advice.
Call Now Button