Medical Scalp Pigmentation
Medical Scalp Pigmentation is a non-surgical procedure. Our specialist uses non-permanent pigments in order to create the appearance of a fuller head of hair. Different than a ‘traditional’ tattoo, Medical Scalp Pigmentation has the inclination to fade away in time and eventually disappear. Organic pigments are used for this process, which is hypoallergenic but biodegradable. The needles used are state of the art and ultra-thin, mimicking real hair stubbles. The pigments are applied in the outer layers of the skin, unlike regular tattoo ink that is placed much deeper.
A fairly modest treatment to undertake, the scalp micro pigmentation method consists of depositing small ‘dots’ of pigment into the dermal layer of the skin, by using a fine needle. The artist creates a deception of a full head of hair.
The client usually requires 2 sessions, each lasting approximately 2-6 hours, but time does vary depending on individual requirements. The technician repeats the process until both he and the client are satisfied. The goal is the point that hair cannot be distinguished from the surrounding real hair. After the first session, the “dots” will be very light and appear not finished. But after approximately 1 month the second session will be done to make the correct color and density of the head complete.
Medical Scalp Pigmentation advantages over traditional tattoos:
- No use of permanent pigments
- No fading to blue
- Biodegradable inks used
- Pigments are not applied deeply, preventing ‘bleeding’ of the pigments
- Topical local anesthesia used for the comfort of people during the treatment
- No scarring
- Immediate result
The tissue that appears when a scar gets in place on the scalp is a bit trickier to work with. It usually requires more sessions. A common scenario is for the client to have a full head treatment as detailed above with the addition of scar camouflage work. Whilst the rest of the treatment may be complete after 2 sessions. The scar may need an additional session or two to achieve the optimum level of camouflage.
What does it do?
Medical Scalp Pigmentation can:
- Give the look of a full, youthful head of cropped hair
- Simulate a full-front, side and/or rear hairline
- Restore hairlines on part-bald or fully bald heads
- Camouflage – permanently – the symptoms of all levels of alopecia
- Camouflage scarring resulting from previous hair transplant surgery
- Hide scars, burns and birthmarks
- Boost the visual effect of a hair transplant