FUE Hair Transplant
Fue Hair Transplant
Up to 50% of men will experience some degree of hair loss by the time they reach 50. For many, hair loss will occur far earlier whilst they are in their 20s, 30s or even late teens.
Make Your Appointment
The main cause for 95% of men is experiencing a thinning scalp called Androgenetic Alopecia – more commonly referred to as Male Pattern Baldness. The hereditary condition occurs when a male hormone called dihydrotestosterone causes certain follicles to shrink and produce abnormal hair with a shorter life. Other causes of hair loss in men include stress, disease, and physical reactions to medication, but ıt changes according to your medical situation. Hair loss is always about much more of a receding hairline. It can deeply affect an individual’s confidence and self-esteem, and we believe that’s the most important thing to address. FUE hair transplant procedures are definitely possible for patients of African descent or patients with curly hair. The procedure can be a bit more time-consuming and it is best performed by a team that is experienced with hair type, but it is absolutely possible. For most men, it is preferable to have FUE because there is no resulting strip or scar on the back of the scalp that is visible if the hair is worn short. We would suggest a consultation but know that skin and hair type does not exclude you from the procedure.
What is FUE =Follicular Unit Extraction?
FUE hair transplant at İSTANBUL HAIR INSTITUTE
FUE hair transplant at İHI provides the most natural look and high hair density. FUE hair transplant is an extraction method that focuses on the removal of follicular units* individually through a special tool, which is used for getting the grafts from the donor area of the patient. (*which is resistant to genetic pattern baldness) This new relocated natural hair will stay and continue growing. FUE method has advantages comparing the other methods:
The 6 golden questions about hair transplant
Hair loss zones, hair loss scalp and donor area are different for any hair transplant candidate. The number of extracted and transplanted follicles is important. However, for successful results, the optimum number must be calculated individually.
Factors that affect the optimum number of graft:
- Age and sex
- Hair loss scalp
- Hair loss zone
- The density of donor area
- Anatomic structure
At İstanbul Hair Institute, we calculate the optimum number of graft for each hair transplant candidate before the operation.
After the determination of the optimum graft number, follicles are extracted from the donor area. However, during this extraction process, follicles can be damaged. It is called “outage rate”. An acceptable level of this is around 10%.
At İHI, a minimal outage rate of graft is guaranteed with an experienced medical team managed by Dr. Handan Yavuz.
To minimalize damage to follicular units in the donor area, the number/size of the tool must be selected considering the scalp, depth of the cutaneous and subcutaneous structure and type of follicles. At İstanbul Hair Institute, Dr. Handan Yavuz decides on the choice of all tools to be used during the hair transplant process for each patient. All unnecessary contact increases the rate of graft outage. Therefore, the medical team has to be very experienced and talented. At İHI, the graft outage rate is kept to a minimum with great care.
For a successful result, the growth rate of transplanted follicles is very important. The growth rate must be higher than 90%. The growth of the follicular units implanted in the balding area is related with:
- Properly maintaining grafts until the time of transplant
- Accurate placement of grafts
- Not damaging grafts during placement
- Opening the channels for grafts correctly
One of the important things for a natural look and successful result is opening the channels with sapphire blades. Sapphire blades are manufactured using a chemical process wherein the final product is composed of artificial sapphire, one of the hardest substances available (sapphire blades are rated a “9” on the Mohs scale of relative mineral hardness, one level lower than the hardest and densest of materials, diamond). Other blades will cut 2500-5000 slits and begin to dull. It Will still cut but needs a little force to go thru the skin and not create skin damage. When cutting in areas that still have hair follicles steel blades can cause more damage to existing follicles. Sapphire blades with their smooth edge and sharp point will not damage existing hair, This is a very big advantage for sapphire.
The degree of compliance of the patient with the post-operative instructions is another external factor that affects the growth rate. At İHI we guarantee that the growth rate of transplanted graft is 90% or higher.
- Determination of the hairlines and left-right frontal angle: Dr. Handan Yavuz’s objective is to achieve the most natural look. Dr. Handan determinates natural hairlines via the Golden Ratio technique. Patient’s requests, age and anatomy are the other factors for the hairline.
- Strategic placement of grafts: Dr. Handan Yavuz makes detailed planning for the strategic placement of grafts and organizes the team. For a natural look, single grafts should be transplanted in the front hairline, double or triple grafts should be transplanted in high-level bald areas.
- Transplanting the grafts according to the right direction: Transplanting the grafts according to the right direction is very important from an aesthetic point of view. Transplanting the grafts in the right direction enables you to dress and brush your new hair. And also, your hairstyle will fit your face shape naturally.
- It takes a week for the transplanted hair to settle the skin and have an optimum level of vascularisation. Hair will begin to grow during the first month. After that, hair will drop out while the follicles remain without leaving visible signs of hair transplant. It is normal for 100% of transplanted hair to fall during the first month after the procedure. The transplanted follicles go into rest for about 3 or 4 months until growth resumes. Afterward, hair starts growing normally. Hair grows at a rate of 10% of the number of transplanted hair per month following the third or fourth month after the procedure. At 12 months the hair growth reaches 90% growth, while the remaining 10%
will do so in the next six months. It may take up to a year and a half to obtain a mature hair growth at which point you can appreciate the final results.